Friday, April 3, 2009

More about the "dreaded waddle"

I had really been hoping that I wouldn't turn into one of those waddling pregnant women.  I thought that I was in the clear because it hadn't happened to me...up until two weeks ago that is.  I've gone through a big growth spurt in the last 1 1/2 weeks and this has shifted things around dramatically.  I try to walk in a normal fashion but I find that I just can't do it.  My belly just naturally sticks way out and I have to take a wide walking stance to manage it.  The other factor is my shifting hips and pelvis - I can feel things moving around and this makes walking quite uncomfortable.  I have the upmost respect for women who are able to continue to be active right up until the end of their pregnancy because, at this point, I'm finding it incredibly challenging to walk a block or two.  I feel quite bad that we aren't able to take the dog out for a nightly stroll but she just have to wait until after the baby is born.  

No comments: