Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Adventures in bathing

I decided that I needed to shave my legs the other day which means having a bath (because you just can't bend over to shave your legs when your belly is big and hard).  It was the first bath that I had taken in our new house and I was already suspicious that it would be a challenge because the tub is not very deep and doesn't really have any tub lip on one side.  So, I managed to slowly lower myself down and shave most of my legs (it's really hard to reach the back of my legs) but I'll be damned if I could figure out how to get back up!  Scott had long fallen asleep by this point so I truly was on my own.  In the end, I had to turn myself over onto all fours, lift up one leg at a time, put my hands on the one side of the tub, and precariously put my foot down so that I could raise myself off the tub floor. The whole process probably took about ten minutes - I think that might be the last time that I try to shave my legs in this pregnancy...

No comments: