Tuesday, April 28, 2009

10 things to be thankful for at 38 weeks gestation

1. Not being pregnant in the summer (we've had a few days in the mid-teens and I was cooking!)
2. Getting maternity clothes from friends and not having to buy the few spring items that I need to make it until my due date
3. Sleeping well both at night and when I nap.  I rarely wake up at night to pee and I only wake up for a minute or two when I need to turn over
4. Having enough shoe options to find a pair or two that fit, despite my swollen feet
5. Having a super casual job that allows me to nap on my lunch breaks (the couch in the nurses lounge is SO comfy!)
6. Having a new house with a dedicated baby room
7. Having a husband who doesn't make fun of my mood swings
8. Feeling well enough to be able to go for short walks (as opposed to a month ago when I couldn't even walk for a few minutes)
9. Receiving lots of hand-me-downs baby items
10. Feeling pretty darn good, despite the big baby growing in my belly.  I thought that I would feel so much more uncomfortable at this point but honestly, I feel great!

No comments: