Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ignorance is bliss?

I don't spend much time thinking about what life with a baby will be like.  I have no ability to conceptualize that and since it's going to be such a drastic shift from my current life, I feel like there isn't much point in devoting a lot of mental energy to it.  This is my general approach to a lot of things in life - I do have a tendency to worry about things that I have no control over but strangely, I can also completely shut my brain off from pondering certain life events.  Parenthood is just yet another one of those things.  This may or may not be a good strategy about becoming a mother but I just figure that there is no point in getting overwhelmed by something as big as having a baby.  The flip side of this is that I don't spend a lot of time thinking about whether or not I'm excited to have a baby.  I know that I'm going to fall madly in love with my baby as soon as I see it and I trust that that will be enough.  I'll let you know if this strategy works out or not...

No comments: