Friday, February 27, 2009

The most expensive sex ever or property virgins no longer...

I know that this is going to come as a surprise to many of you but we have bought a 3 bedroom bungalow in Calgary.  I know that it’s not in Canmore but sadly, houses are too expensive here for us and we didn’t want to move into a condo with our new baby.  We get possession of the house on March 16th and will be moving for April 1st.  Our baby is due May 12th so things are going to be totally chaotic over the next 10 weeks but c’est la vie.  Apparently there is a phenomenon called “nesting” that happens when you are pregnant.  It usually involves the distinctive urge to clean, tidy, and organize during pregnancy.  In our case, it seems to have caused us to buy a house! 

http://abmls.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=770615213&s=ALB&t=ALB

 Scott will keep his job at Baymag and will join the other Calgary car-poolers.  I will keep working in Banff until I go off on mat leave.  After my leave is finished, I will transfer to a position in Calgary.  I will be working for the same employer but will end up in a different job. 

It’s been difficult for us to decide where to buy a home but we feel that Calgary is the best compromise for us and our newly expanding family.  While we are sad to be leaving Canmore, we are very excited about this new chapter in our lives.  The house needs a fair amount of work but is totally liveable for the time being.  It has decent views of the mountains and is in a fantastic location in Montgomery.  We are still close to the end of the city and plan to return to Canmore often to visit all of our wonderful friends here. 

P.S. Please don’t feel bad if you didn’t know about this ahead of time.  We made this decision over the past month and spoke to very few people about it.  Honestly, it was nothing personal.  

1 comment:

Funyan Family said...

I viewed more houses when I was pregnant than any other time. It was really the only nesting I did (except for that one time that I cleaned the kitchen). Can I come help you pack (pack for you)? Or bring you blizzards while you pack? Or drive stuff to the city? Or dog sit? Or cook you dinner? Or find you some alcohol free wine? Or help with some renos?
I'm kind of expecting that you are going to be the mom that helps me get into mountain biking (Louis is already in).
You always have a room in our place (especially when you're the proud parents of a wee little Withers.