Friday, February 27, 2009

A sad day

So, the decision was made yesterday.  The Banff hospital has decided to close labour and delivery services for the next three months.  Sadly, this is just the time period in which our baby is supposed to be born (about 10 1/2 weeks from now).  I'm not exactly sure what is going to happen for us.  I believe that our doctor will end up travelling to Canmore to deliver all her maternity patients but at this point, I'm not sure.  I remain hopeful that things will change by my due date but I'm not sure if that hope is realistic.  I know that this isn't the end of the world, I just feel more comfortable with the nurses in Banff, I like the labour and delivery room better in Banff, and I like the atmosphere better in Banff.  I know that I probably wouldn't even be aware of this if I didn't work in both hospitals but I do so I am aware of it.  I feel pretty deflated about this situation.  

No comments: