Saturday, February 21, 2009

Advantages of the belly

This week (for the first time since I've become pregnant) I received outward gesture of kindness.  I was at the National Homelessness Conference in Calgary and twice was offered chairs by people who were sitting in them.  I felt a bit guilty taking those chairs but to be honest, my feet and back were both quite sore and it felt really nice to be able to sit down.  I think that the world would be a much better place if we treated each other the way that people treat pregnant women - I love the compassion that people show me and I feel like people go out of their way to be nice to me.  People are genuinely curious about how I am feeling and they are forever asking me about this.  So, if I can suggest anything to each of you who are reading this - be extra nice to the person at your local coffee shop or sitting next to you on the bus.  It feels really good to be on the receiving end of all this kindness and I think that we can all do better to spread that same type of good karma around.  

(I'll get off my soap box now)

No comments: