Saturday, February 7, 2009

What the heck is going on in there?

At this point in my pregnancy, I don't really have a sense of where the baby is sitting.  My doctor tells me that she should be able to tell by my next doctor's visit (in two weeks).  I often feel my stomach to see if I can feel anything but I just can't.  I guess that I will have to be patient...On the other hand, the one thing that I can constantly feel is the baby's movements.  I am carrying an incredibly active baby - it moves alot!  The movements started out small; at 17 weeks I could feel small little boots to my belly.  Now, the baby is punching, kicking, turning around, rolling over - basically, it feels like the kid is always auditioning for Riverdance.  I can now (sometimes) see the movements from the outside. My belly wiggles and jiggles (and not because it looks like a bowl full of jelly...) at various times in the day.  I often find myself putting my hand to my stomach - partly to feel what's going on in there (feeling the movements in the best part of being pregnant) but partly to try to calm the baby down when s/he's going crazy in there.  The location of the movements leads to me think that the baby is lying transversely in my belly, with its face towards the front of my body.  

No comments: