Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What a pregnant woman eats

Sometimes I'm not really convinced that I am pregnant.  It seems like such a weird concept and I often don't feel like I'm pregnant (somehow I thought that I would feel different than I do).  This is despite the fact that my waist is bigger and my pants don't button up, I'm super tired all the time (although much less so this week than the past few weeks), I wake up nauseous every morning, and I'm starving all the time.  

The starving thing is quite distracting.  I eat all the time and I start to feel hungry so quickly!  I'm almost immediately nauseous if I don't eat something and there are only certain things that I want to eat (I have all sorts of random food aversions these days).  It's almost impossible to pack a lunch or take things out for dinner because I never know what I'm going to feel like eating.  

I had kept a log yesterday of all the things that I ate but I left it at home this morning, along with my daytimer.  I hate the idea that I'm getting "baby brain" and am becoming forgetful so I refuse to acknowledge that I forgot my daytimer just because I am pregnant.  That being said, I have only forgotten my daytimer once in the past 2 1/2 years and I can't type the list from memory because I don't remember what I ate...

Anyways, it is currently 1pm and so far I have eaten:
  • Glass of oj (to stop the morning 'want-to-vomit' feeling)
  • 4 pieces of French Toast with butter (lots!) and maple syrup
  • Banana
  • 1/2 cup cottage cheese
  • 2 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
  • Hot Beef Sandwich
  • 1/2 small piece chocolate mousse cake
  • Spinach and Swiss Cheese Foccacia Bread
After I got home:
  • Big bowl macaroni with cheese (whiz)
  • Grilled mozza cheese and mustard sandwich
  • 3 (small) pieces low-fat chocolate zucchini brownies
  • 6 rice crackers with hummus
See, it's quite a bit of food.  I usually feel fairly full by the time that I go to bed but I often wake up in the middle, starving(!) and need to come downstairs for a quick snack or cup of juice. Tomorrow, it will probably start all over again, especially the cup of juice part (I'm going to try to get through this whole pregnancy with no morning sickness.  Here's hoping!

No comments: