Friday, October 17, 2008

Weekly update

Things have been pretty good this week.  I'm much less tired and have only taken a couple of short naps.  I've even managed to stay awake past 9pm on most nights!  I'm even hoping to return to a regular exercise routine soon.  

I'm still feel a little pukey in the mornings but it's getting better.  I continue to be fairly hungry but less than before.  

I'm slowing gaining weight (about 8 pounds so far) and am rapidly running out of pants to wear. I'm hoping to go another few weeks before I need to buy maternity clothes.  

I've been taking my thyroid medication regularly and look forward to finding out if I am on the right dose.  My next doctor's appointment is on the 29th and I should know soon after that about how well the medication is working (Turns out that I have a touch of hypothryoidism.  It's probably just because I am pregnant and I normally wouldn't even require treatment but, because of the pregnancy,  I do.)

I've told a few other people this week, including my boss.  I still haven't told the rest of my co-workers and am waiting until I get past the 12 week mark.  My boss was great (as I expected) but I feel a bit bad for her because two of my friends/co-workers also just told her that they were pregnant so she will have three staff off on mat leave, all within one month of each other!

It's been fun to find out that I have two friends who are also expecting.  They are both on their second child but it is nice to be able to share this experience with them.  I had been hoping to join in with them during their first pregnancies but things just didn't work out that way.  Regardless, I'm happy to be pregnant at this time - maybe it was meant to happen at this time.  

Only 1 1/2  more weeks to go until I'm into the second trimester (but who's counting...).  Our ultrasound is on Monday and I'm looking forward to getting that over with.  I'm super curious to see what that experience is like and I'm keen to make sure that everything is ok with our little "prune" (this week's produce description in 'What to Expect When You Are Expecting'.)

No comments: