Friday, October 17, 2008

The decision doesn't get any easier...

Alberta announced yesterday that midwives will now be covered as of April 1, 2009.  I'm not exactly sure what this will mean - will you have to sign up after April 1st or can your due date just be after April 1st? - but I still don't know what I want to do.  

I guess that I am a little afraid of what could go wrong if I do a home birth and I feel like I would have better options (particularly if I decide that I need something for pain) for medical interventions.  I've heard such great things about the doctor that I am interested in and we have two nurse-midwives who work in labour and delivery in Banff.  

I could use a midwife in the hospital which might be a nice compromise.  I am interested in a water birth but the doctor doesn't do them (hospital policy) but I don't know if I could do a hospital birth with a midwife and get a water birth.  I guess that I need to find out more information before I decide what to do...

No comments: