Monday, October 6, 2008

The first post


I've decided that it would probably be easier to create a blog than to send out daily/weekly updates to those of you who live far away but who care deeply about this strange thing growing inside of me (or for those who live close by and really want to know what's going on inside my head...).  

I'm 9 weeks today which means that I'm in my 10th week but have officially completed 9 weeks of pregnancy.  It's all very strange math that was created by some male doctor many years ago. My due date is May 12th which seems like a good time to have a baby.  I haven't missed too many days of riding this year and I hope to be back on my bike by June (I might be dreaming but I'm not letting that pretty new bike go to waste!).  Luckily, Scott and I have discovered an activity to do together and it seems pretty family-friendly, especially since we can take turns riding/parenting.  

I've felt ok so far with this pregnancy.  I never would have guessed that I was pregnant and basically only took a pregnancy test because we were going to a friend's wedding and I didn't want to get super drunk if I was pregnant.  I have been much more tired than I would have guessed (who knew that a girl could sleep so much?!) and I have felt slightly nauseous most days.  I haven't thrown up yet but I do feel hungry much of the time.  My pants don't do up anymore which stresses me out a little - it's weird to suddenly be gaining weight, especially after trying hard to lose weight over the past year.  I know that it is for a good cause but it's still kinda weird.  

No comments: