Monday, June 15, 2009

Thanks for the advice but...

You get so much advice as a new parent. I'm not even going to go into all the things that people have told us and/or that I have read because I just don't have the time to blog about all of my thoughts on that. However, two things that I've heard keeps sticking in my head - "sleep when the baby sleeps" and "just let the housework pile up so that you can sleep when the baby sleeps". While these are really good suggestions, the housework one isn't all that practical. Now, I've certainly never kept all that clean of a house so it doesn't really bother me that my house is constantly messy but there is absolutely no way that I can leave the laundry for a day, just so that I can have a nap. People tell you that you do a lot of laundry when you have a baby but I really had no idea of how much laundry there was until Lily was born (and we aren't even using the cloth diapers yet!). She probably goes through 2-4 outfits per day because she either has a diaper blowout or a big spit up mess. She pees on the change table frequently and there always seems to be some other items that need to get washed. I truly do aim to have a daily nap but darn, it's hard to get anything done around the house if I don't use some of that time to do a few things.

No comments: