Thursday, June 25, 2009

Lily's sleeping habits

Lily is such a random sleeper. On Tuesday night, she woke up every 1 1/2 hrs to feed. Last night, she slept for 6 hrs straight! WTF? That is the longest stretch of sleeping that she has ever had and I have to admit, I panicked a bit when I woke up at 3:30am and realized that she hadn't woken up yet to feed. I quickly checked that she was still breathing (ok, I kept checking her for 10 mins or so...) and went back to sleep until she woke up at 4:45am. It was quite nice to get such a long period of uninterrupted sleep, even if it did give me a bit of a scare.

On another note, I wish that someone would have told me that babies have such crazy sleeping styles. I'm not talking about the random nature of how long they sleep, I'm talking about what they do when they are sleeping. Lily does have some quiet periods of sleeping where she just lies there but about half of her sleeping time is spent moving her arms, kicking her legs, wiggling around, and making weird breathing noises. It's quite distracting, especially when I didn't even know that this is what babies did.

No comments: