Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oh, the irony...

Through the first and second trimester, I had been very concerned about the amount of weight that I was gaining. I had gained more than I had hoped and was worried that I was heading towards a 50 or 60 pound weight gain. Now, my weight gain has totally slowed down and (at my 32 week check-up) I had only gained 2 pounds over the past 6 weeks. I had been weighing myself occasionally over the past month (I know that I said that I wouldn't but I just couldn't commit to getting rid of my scale) so this wasn't much of a surprise to me. However, I was starting to worried that I wasn't gaining enough weight. My doctor did take note of it and we discussed it at my last appointment but she isn't concerned. My belly (as evident in the photos on this blog) is growing and growing and she can feel that the baby is a decent size. In general, women usually gain about a pound per week in the last trimester but it seems that my body is on its own program. I guess that this is another good reminder that each woman's pregnancy is completely different than the next.

No comments: