Thursday, May 14, 2009

Prenatal class drop-outs

As excited as Scott is about our baby, he has been less than thrilled about attending prenatal classes.  He made it through four of the six classes before bailing last week.  This week, he swore that he would go but we ended up meeting a few friends for dinner and then a few friends became all of Scott's 'manfriends' and then a few beers turned into lots of beers and then it was a nightcap at one of those friend's houses (which turned into three glasses of wine) and before I knew it, it was 12am before we left Canmore to drive back to the city (our friend had offered to let us crash at his place but I was feeling a strong desire to be in my own bed so I drove us home).  Needless to say, we missed the last class on baby care (how hard could it be?!) to hang out with our Canmore family.  Maybe not the best decision, but it was really nice to see everyone again and I'm sure that I will appreciate the moments that we get to spend with our friends more than I would have appreciated learning about bathing a baby (besides, that's what the internet is for, right?  Either that or my mom can show me everything she knows when she gets here shortly after the baby is born...).  So, all that is to say that this lovely photo is of Scott and I, right before we left Greg's place to drive back to Calgary.  Scott is showing his love for being the breadwinner and I'm showing off my 40 week plus 1 day baby belly.  

No comments: