Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Due date

Well, today is supposed to be the big day.  It's the day that came up on the Baby Centre calendar when I tried to figure out our due date, right after I found out that we were pregnant.  It's the day that the doctor gave me when I went in to confirm the pregnancy (cause doing four home pregnancy tests wasn't enough...)  It's the date that the ultrasound techs gave us at our 12 week and 18 week ultrasound appointments.  It's the day that we've been counting down to for the past nine months.  It's the day that our baby is scheduled to be born.  

Funny thing is, I don't think that the baby will be born today.  I feel like I'm getting really close to having the baby but I don't think that it's going to be today.  I just read that 75% of babies are born after their due date so it's not the least bit surprising that the baby isn't here yet.  No matter what, I know that the baby will be here within the next two weeks and I can't wait!

No comments: