Friday, May 22, 2009

Best thing ever!

I was somewhat dreading the home visit from public health as they have been known to be hard on new moms (especially if feeding isn't going well which totally isn't the case for us - thank god!). However, we had a very helpful nurse come by the house yesterday and she taught me the best piece of info that I have received so far from nursing staff - how to breastfeed while lying in bed (aka - how to feed your baby while you are asleep!).  It takes a bit of getting used to as Lily does prefer nursing in the football hold rather than the cross-cradle position (look at me, throwing all these nursing terms around!) but we tried it a few times last night and it worked pretty well.  Lily and I were both able to sleep more which makes life easier for everyone.  I need to appreciate these small victories and this is an important one.  

No comments: