Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Confession Time

Today I have two things to confess to:

1. I'm pretty sure that every other mother does this.  Other fathers may do it too but I'm pretty sure that Scott isn't doing it (cause he's just not as much of a worrywart as me).  When Lily is sleeping, I sometimes jiggle her awake to make sure that she's breathing.  While I hate the idea of stirring her from her nice slumber, I just want to make sure that she's ok. I know that I'm being totally ridiculous and I assume that this obsession will pass but I do think that it's kinda funny that I'm so keen to have her fall asleep so that I can get some rest only to promptly have me wake her up (albeit very briefly) every 15 minutes or so!  

2. We let Lily sleep in the bed with us.  Our doctor had given us a big lecture about not doing that but it just doesn't feel right (at least at this point) to put her in the bassinet during the night.  I do put her there during the day but night-time feedings are so much easier when I can just quickly roll over and nurse her.  We are taking tons of precautions and are making sure that she's safe in the bed with us but I still feel somewhat guilty about it.  Oh well, I suspect that this is just the first of many things that I will feel guilty about as a mother.  However, this decision feels right for us so I'm just going to stick with it.  

No comments: