Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Three month update


Little Lily is now 3 1/2 months old. I took her for a check-up last week and she's tipping the scales at 10 pounds, 10 ounces. She is 62 cms long and her head is 40 cms round. This means that she has gained 3 pounds 4 ounces and is 12 cms longer than at birth. Lily is still pretty small in the weight department (only in the 5th percentile) but she's in the 50th percentile for length and head circumference. She is reaching all her developmental milestones (able to roll over sometimes, reaching for objects, gaining neck strength, turning her head towards sounds) so neither the doctor nor I are concerned about her weight. All in all, she's doing just fantastic and is a wonderful little baby!

As for Scott and I, we are settling nicely into parenthood. Things certainly have gotten much easier since Lily was first born - she knows us better and we know her better - both of which makes it easier to care for her. She seems more settled into the outside world and certainly is no longer a newborn. It seems like she sometimes grows right before our eyes - I'm truly stunned by how much she has changed in such a short period of time. Scott is thrilled about fatherhood. He's enjoying it more than he ever would have thought and has such a deep love for his daughter. He's completely hands-on with Lily's care and is a wonderful father. He recognizes that, at least at this point, fatherhood is probably easier than motherhood (given the feeding schedule, nighttime waking, and general care of Lily) but we both know that it will even out with time. As for me, I enjoy Lily more and more every day. It has been a difficult transition to get used to being a mother and while I do love Lily more than I could ever have imagined, I'm still sorting out what motherhood means for me.



No comments: