Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's hard

Nobody ever said that parenting was easy. I knew that long before I had Lily and I continue to be reminded of it often. Most of the time, Lily is a super easy baby and it's pretty breezy taking care of her. However, over the past few weeks, she turned into a totally random sleeper. For four nights in a row, she would wake up every hour or so - either to feed or just to fuss. Not much would calm her down and it was very difficult to get her settled. It was so frustrating and I'm so glad that she's not normally like that because it's really hard to cope with a crying baby when it's the middle of the night and you haven't had any sleep. I know that I have been blessed with a pretty happy baby and I thank my lucky stars for that because I truly didn't do all that well with the change in her sleeping habits. She had been sleeping through the night (meaning sleeping from 11pm until 5:30am) but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. She is no longer waking up every hour but she is still waking up 1-2 times per night. I've since come to terms with this change but I do look forward to the time when she goes back to sleeping for 6 hours straight.

No comments: