Monday, July 20, 2009

yeah for bottles!

I have been pumping milk for the past two weeks in anticipation of giving Lily a bottle. I researched bottle feeding, milk storage, etc for days. I sterilized all the bottles then waited a week before giving them to Lily because she was super unsettled for a couple days awhile back. I planned the first bottle feeding for a time when she wasn't super hungry and got Scott to do it so that she wouldn't be confused about the milk source. All that prep work paid off because she took her first bottle like a champ! Lily took a few seconds to figure out what to do with the nipple but quickly figured it out and gulped down 3 ounces in a matter of minutes. We've been giving her daily bottles since then and she continues to happily feed from them. I'm hoping to get out for a couple of hours of riding this week and I'm planning on leaving Lily with Scott for one of her scheduled feeds. Yeah for pumping technology!

No comments: