Sunday, July 19, 2009

Accidents happen

I never that it was inevitable. It was a matter of when, not if. I wasn't sure how it was going to happen but at least we got the 'first time' out of the way. Most importantly, no one got hurt.

Yesterday was the first time that we caused pain to Lily. We stopped in Lake Louise on our way home from mountain biking so that I could feed Lily and Scott could get a coffee. As I was feeding her in the front seat of the truck, I accidentally knocked my coffee over onto the seat. I didn't think anything of it at first, at least not until Lily started screaming. I then realized that the coffee had gotten onto her leg. Scott quickly wiped all the coffee off her leg and threw on a diaper wipe. I dipped a napkin in cold water and put it on the same area. In the meantime, Lily continued to scream so I nursed her as a means of soothing her. Scott was so upset that the spilt coffee had gotten onto her leg but thankfully, his quick thinking prevented the coffee from burning her leg. There was no marks on her leg after we took the wet cloths off and there isn't any evidence of a burn today. Sadly, I know that this isn't likely to be the only time we accidentally hurt Lily but I'm grateful that it wasn't serious.

No comments: