Friday, January 22, 2010

Eight month update

We are in the middle of upgrading to our new computer and I haven't figured out how to manage video or photos on the Mac yet so a written post will have to do for the next few days or so....

I seriously can't believe that Lily is eight months old. I know that I already blogged about how quickly the time is passing but it's really starting to weigh heavily on my mind. I found out today when I need to return to work and honestly, I'm starting to freak out a bit. I can't imagine giving up the job that I love and I can't imagine continuing to stay home full-time but I'm really struggling with the idea of placing Lily in the care of a stranger. I'm sure that we will find her a wonderful dayhome and I'm sure that she will do fine...It's just me that I'm worried about!

Anyways, back to Lily's eight month update. She is totally growing like a weed these days. We haven't been for a check-up in forever (not due for another one until next month) so I have no idea how much she weighs but she has grown out of all her clothes and is firmly entrenched in the 6-9 month clothes. She has gorgeous chubby cheeks and an awesome Budda belly. She loves eating these days and currently eats solid foods for breakfast and dinner. She's on the cusp of being ready for a third meal of solids. She pretty much loves everything that we have given her with a few exceptions (cauliflower and avocado). I had been slowly introducing foods but I've given up worrying about food allergies and usually give her a new food every day. She loves meat, beans, egg yolks, mangos, yams, carrots, cheese, yogurt, and beets. I gave her apple juice for the first time today and she was thrilled! She's gone through some huge changes developmentally. She's not quite crawling yet but she is incredibly close. She can crawl backwards and can spin herself around but lacks the understanding of how to involve her legs to move herself forward. She can pull herself up by holding onto my shirt when she is sitting in my lap. She can stand on her own when she is leaning against the sofa or one of us and she can sit independently for long periods of time. She still loves chewing on things but now she loves to bang things together and stare at herself in the mirror. She loves reading books with Daddy before bedtime and she's obsessed with the phone and the laptop. She babbles on all day long but still doesn't say any real words. I have been trying to teach her some sign language (milk, hungry, tired, more, and all done) but she doesn't really seem to understand what I'm doing. However, she uses her own signs and signals to tell us that she's tired, hungry or wants to nurse. She has been sleeping quite well over the past week and is now mostly sleeping 10+ hrs straight (YEAH!!!!). She's learning to use Skype and she loves listening to her grandparents and aunts talk to her on the phone. She loves kicking in the bath and pulling my hair. She is super interested in chewing/playing with hoodie strings, zippers and/or jacket toggles. Lily remains a content and happy little human and she is a total delight to be around these days.

No comments: