Saturday, February 13, 2010

What the fuss is all about

We are blessed to be welcoming six little ones (four first-borns, two second-borns) into the world this year, either via family or friends, and we couldn't be more stoked! I never completely understood why other parents were so excited about Lily's impending arrival but now it all makes total sense to me. New babies not only mean that Lily (and her parents) has new friends to go biking/skiing/hiking/camping with, but new babies mean that more people realize the blessing that is parenthood. I completely respect people's decision to be childless but I firmly believe that children add an amazing dimension to your life and I am thrilled when others get to experience that. I was very happy in the life that was pre-baby and I'm sure that I could have carried on with my pleasant existence but now that we have Lily, I truly can't imagine life without her. Having a baby has been the hardest thing that I've (we've) ever done but it has brought me the most pleasure that I have ever known and I can't wait for that same pleasure to be spread to more of our friends and family.

P.S. Welcome to the world Sage Suchy :)

No comments: