Saturday, March 27, 2010

Time (mis)management

I've never been particularly good at being on time. I'm usually pretty close but it's rare that I'm actually somewhere exactly when I'm supposed to be. Add a baby to the mix and now I'm always running late! It seems that I have yet to figure out how to integrate having a baby into my lifestyle as I just can't seem to get out of the house in a timely manner. I never remember how long it actually takes to get myself and Lily organized and I'm constantly surprised by the number of tasks that need to be completed before I can leave the house. This is particularly concerning given that I return to work in one month and have yet to get out of the house in less than 1 1/2 hours from the time I wake up. I don't want to sacrifice myself in order to get to work on time because I'm sick of wearing baggy clothes and having my hair in a ponytail. I'm a little nervous about how early I'm going to need to get up in order to feel presentable but I can only hope that I'll get this next stage of motherhood figured out in a way that makes me feel ok about myself and doesn't get me fired for tardiness.

No comments: