Thursday, March 4, 2010

Express yourself

I've been trying to teach Lily various bits of sign language for the past few months. I've been doing "milk", "more", "all done", "hungry", and "sleepy". I haven't really been sure that she understands what I'm trying to teach her but she did do the sign for milk the other day (March 2nd). I even had friends over at the time and they were also totally convinced that that is what she was doing. However, I do have to admit now that I'm not completely sure that she is actually doing the sign for milk - I think that she may just have figured out how to make a fist with her hand. None the less, I'm going to go with my theory that she's learning sign language and clearly is the smartest baby ever!

P.S. I'm also pretty sure that she said "Momma" for the first time today (March 4th). Even if she didn't say it, she smiles like crazy when I say it back to her which makes me think that she at least knows who her momma is!

No comments: