Friday, September 25, 2009

The transformation is complete

It's official, I'm a mother. I know this because we bought one of those dorky window shades. We've spent lots of time on the road this summer and Lily kept getting the sun in her eyes. I was using a blanket to cover her carseat but she often would end up getting too hot in there (it kinda becomes a little baby sauna) and she couldn't see us when we were driving. So, I caved in and bought one. Turns out that it actually doesn't work all that great anyways but it does prevent some of the sun from coming in. Even though I made this one motherly purchase, this is where I draw the line. I can honestly proclaim that I will never ever be the owner of a "Baby on Board" sign (SO nerdy - as if it really makes anyone drive better when they see that sign!) - if that's what motherhood is about, I'm not sure that I want to be part of that club!

No comments: